9 Economic Facts That Will Make Your Head Spin
LYNN STUART PARRAMORE – AlterNet (U.S.)
Half the population of the U.S. has slipped into poverty or is barely making enough to get by.
1. Recovery for the rich, recession for the rest.
2. Half of us are poor or barely scraping by.
3. Unhappy meal (47 million on food stamps)
4. Old age and poverty.
5. Incarceration nation.
6. The cost of gender inequality.
7. College degrees still pay off, big-time.
8. A retired couple needs a quarter million for retirement – just for healthcare.
9. The looting of America.