Kudos to Owl — one of over 25 contributing editors — for the top post. We are well over 1,200,000,000 total visitors, and with over 11,000 subscribers receiving every post via email digest, appear to be comfortably established as a reliable source of public interest information.
Of particular note is the sites value as a permanent reference source. Roughly three quarters of our daily visitors are connecting to past posts, some dated 20 years back. As this site contains contributions from over 800 authorities on Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), public intelligence (decision-support), and all-source intelligence reform, it is less of a Blog and more of a constantly updated archive.
We have stopped doing RECAPs. Instead we have shifted to @ Phi Beta Iota. WordPress search works well with simple terms.
More details below the line.
This blog was viewed about 380,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 16 days for that many people to see it.
In 2013, there were 3,635 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 75,221 posts.
The busiest day of the year was April 21st with 2,132 views. The most popular post that day was Owl: YouTube (5:50): Suspects Leave WITH Backpacks, Craft Paramilitary Contractors Run Out WITHOUT Backpacks.
- 1 Congressional Research Service — Index 20 DEC 2013 July 2013
- 2 Graphic: Muslim Sunni – Shi’ite Distribution (Global) April 2011
- 3 Graphic: Maps of the Post Flood Future Geography May 2011
- 4 Mini-Me: Iran Is NOT a Nuclear Threat — Cover for Other Actions January 2012
- 5 Mini-Me: Boston Media Manipulation, Known Veteran Double-Amputee Brought in as Actor — Amputees in Action Business — Clergy Barred from “Injured” UPDATE 1.4 April 2013
Top Search Terms:
mini me, risk map 2013, public intelligence blog, system d dollars, and humint
Top Referring Sites:
- USA (221,704)
- Canada (16,580)
- UK (16,540)
- Germany (9,997)
- India (6,056)