The ICSR Peace and Security Summit will bring together 400 leading policymakers, diplomats, senior officials and experts from across the globe, encouraging them to share their experiences and approaches in a number of working groups and high-level panels.
Held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York, the Summit will explore the greatest security challenges of our time, ranging from domestic radicalization and violent extremism to ongoing conflicts and the struggle for peace in places such as Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, and the Middle East.
Among the many keynote speakers and panellists are:
HRH Princess Aisha Bint Al Hussein, Jordan
· Dr. Abdulkarim Al-Eryani, former Prime Minister of Yemen
· Amb. Daniel Benjamin, Counterterrorism Coordinator, State Department
· Amb. Cofer Black, former Director of the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center
· Noman Benotman, former leader of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group
· Amb. Peter Galbraith, former UN Deputy Special Representative
· Christopher Hitchens, Vanity Fair
· Hekmat Karzai, director of Centre for Conflict and Peace Studies, Kabul
· Tsipi Livni, leader of the Israeli opposition
· Fran Townsend, Homeland Security Advisor to President George W. Bush
· Lord David Trimble, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
The ICSR Peace and Security Summit is organised in partnership with the Near East South Asia Center for Strategic Studies at the National Defense University, and receives support from The Rockefeller Foundation, Public Safety Canada, as well as Rena and Sami David.
Thanks to our supporters, there will be no attendance fee. However, places are strictly limited and will not be allocated on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to attend, write to Katie Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 25th. Make sure you include your full name, title, affiliation, and current position.