Oct 22, 2012
The spent fuel pool at Fukushima Unit 4 is the top short-term threat to humanity, and is a national security issue for America. As such, it is disturbing news that the ground beneath unit 4 is sinking. Specifically, Unit 4 sunk 36 inches right after the earthquake, and has sunk another 30 inches since then. Moreover, Unit 4 is sinking unevenly, and the building may begin tilting. An international coalition of nuclear scientists and non-profit groups are calling on the U.N. to coordinate a multi-national effort to stabilize the fuel pools. And see this. Given the precarious situation at Unit 4, it is urgent that the world community pool its scientific resources to come up with a fix.
Phi Beta Iota: There are other stories, some not confirmed and also actively discredited. In the absence of regular truthful reporting from the governments, individuals will have to do their own intelligence and also their own disinformation triage.
- Ground under Fukushima Unit 4 sinking, structure on verge of complete collapse
- The Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Is Far From Over
- Senator: Fukushima Fuel Pool Is a National Security Issue for AMERICA
- New Fukushima Cessium-137 Threat
- Fuel rod fire at Fukushima reactor “would be like Chernobyl on steroids”