WikiConference USA is the first national Wikimedia conference of its kind in the United States. The conference will be held on May 30 – June 1, 2014 at New York Law School, located in the Tribeca district of Manhattan, New York City. WikiConference USA’s program will be devoted to topics concerning the Wikimedia movement in the United States, as well as related topics of free culture and digital rights.
WikiConference USA will feature a diverse array of conference offerings such as keynotes, presentations, panels, and workshop sessions; provide a lounge space and break areas for conference attendees to gather and mingle; and host an unconference day for attendees to design their own schedule and engage with each other around common interests.
For the full announcement, see our press release: File:WikiCon USA 2014 Press Release v1.pdf.
- Dates & Times
- Friday, May 30, 2014, 8:30AM – 6:00PM
- Saturday, May 31, 2014, 8:30AM – 6:00PM
- Sunday, June 1, 2014, 8:30AM – 6:00PM
- Location: New York Law School 185 West Broadway (between Worth Street and Leonard Street), New York, NY 10013
- Expected Attendance: 300 attendees over the three-day conference
- Target Demographics: Our primary demographic targets United States-based Wikipedians. The secondary demographic targets non-Wikipedian academics, students, librarians, activists, and professionals.
- Costs: The conference will be free to attend.