I read “Five of the Best Free Online Translators to Translate Foreign Languages.” Not a great headline, but I pulled out the list of services. Here they are with links:
- Collins Dictionary at https://www.collinsdictionary.com/translator. This is a word look up service.
- Google Translate at https://translate.google.com/. Note that there are word limits which are often annoying for some users.
- Online Doc Translator at https://www.onlinedoctranslator.com/. Lots of languages and support with a number of popular file formats. Automatic file format services can output “interesting” versions of the source content.
- Online Translator at https://m.online-translator.com/. Fewer than 20 languages but most mainstream are supported plus Kazakh.
- Trident Software’s Pragma system at http://online.translate.ua/. About 60 languages supported, including Creole and the somewhat fuzzy “African.”
I would suggest that you take a look at SDL’s FreeTranslation.com service at https://www.freetranslation.com/. Sometimes useful.
For accurate translations, one needs a native language speaker. Software is okay, but it does not do well with jargon, insider lingo, and words with loaded meanings.