Project Syndicate provides the world’s foremost newspapers with exclusive commentaries by prominent leaders and opinion makers. It currently offers 39 monthly series and one weekly series of columns on topics ranging from economics to international affairs to science and philosophy.
Project Syndicate is committed to maintaining the broad intellectual scope and global reach that readers need to understand the issues and choices shaping their lives. As a result, Project Syndicate's commentators reflect the world in all its variety of professions, national and cultural backgrounds, and political perspectives. Past and current contributors include:
- politicians and statesmen, including Ban Ki-moon, Tony Blair, Jimmy Carter, Jorge Castañeda, Joschka Fischer, Mikhail Gorbachev, Václav Havel, Christine Lagarde, Chris Patten, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Javier Solana, Shashi Tharoor, and Yuliya Tymoshenko;
- economists, including Howard Davies, Martin Feldstein, Otmar Issing, Edmund Phelps, Dani Rodrik, Kenneth Rogoff, Nouriel Roubini, Jeffrey D. Sachs, Robert Shiller, and Dominique Strauss-Kahn, and Joseph E. Stiglitz;
- political scientists and philosophers, including Pervez Hoodbhoy, John Gray, Harold James, Nina Khrushcheva, Daoud Kuttab, Pierre Nora, Joseph S. Nye, and Peter Singer;
- global strategists, including Zbigniew Brzezinski, Richard Haass, Richard C. Holbrooke, Sergei Karaganov, and Kishore Mahbubani;
- scientists, including Nobel Laureates Paul Berg, Sydney Brenner, Christian de Duve, and Harold Varmus;
- novelists, including Umberto Eco, Nadine Gordimer, Ma Jian, Arundhati Roy, Elif Shafak, Norman Manea, and Vladimir Voinovich;
- activists, including Emma Bonino, Saad Eddin Ibrahim, Bjørn Lomborg, Morgan Tsvangirai, Desmond Tutu, and Naomi Wolf.