(2009/2010) Anil Gupta is on the hunt for the developing world’s unsung inventors — indigenous entrepreneurs whose ingenuity, hidden by poverty, could change many people’s lives. He shows how the Honey Bee Network helps them build the connections they need — and gain the recognition they deserve. See video here.
About Anil Gupta
Comment: Anil Gupta’s “database” was mentioned in the book “The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid.”
A few interesting pieces mentioned in the video:
- “Freedom is to look in the mirror & learn.”
- Curiosity, Creativity, Compassion, Collaboration (CCCC)
- “Desperation made me an innovator,” and “Even love needs help from technology” (70 yr old man who invented an amphibious bicycle)
- “With no one to fund my studies, I scaled new heights” (from a man who invented a coconut tree climber)
- G2G model (Grassroots to Global)
- Creativity counts, knowledge matters, innovations transform, incentives inspire..and incentives are not just material, but non-material incentives.