Resurrecting your natural creativity through inspiring techniques and practical examples
Twelve Things You Were Not Taught in School About Creative Thinking
Aspects of creative thinking that are not usually taught.
1. You are creative.
2. Creative thinking is work.
3. You must go through the motions of being creative.
4. Your brain is not a computer.
5. There is no one right answer.
6. Never stop with your first good idea.
7. Expect the experts to be negative.
8. Trust your instincts.
9. There is no such thing as failure.
10. You do not see things as they are; you see them as you are.
11. Always approach a problem on its own terms.
12. Learn to think unconventionally.
Phi Beta Iota: They left out the following:
1. Everything is connected.
2. Understanding true costs as a concept is fundamental.
3. Cultural lenses matter.
4. Understanding history is a strong foundation for shaping the future.
5. The best thinkers are not necessarily the best teachers or doers.
6. Trust is the fuel for all of the above – transparency & truth build trust.