Fall 2014 Meeting
Washington Area Chapter
International Association for Intelligence Education
“Jack Davis Day”
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Luncheon at 1 pm; program starts at 2 pm and should end by 2:45 pm; short business meeting for IAFIE members to follow. You do not need to be a member to participate in the program!
6852 Old Dominion Drive
McLean, VA 22101 (Tel: (703) 893-7777)
Please join us in honoring the recipient of IAFIE’s first-ever Lifetime Achievement Award, Mr. Jack Davis, who will offer remarks about his legendary career in the field of intelligence analysis and be interviewed by two other luminaries who nominated him for this prestigious award, Dr. Roger George of National War College/Georgetown University and Dr. Jim Bruce of RAND.
Jack Davis is commended for his service as:
– Long-time CIA analyst and officially recognized Agency “Trailblazer”
– Founding instructor of the Sherman Kent School of Intelligence Analysis
– Creator of key structured analytic techniques and the Alternative Analysis Database
– Designer of the seminal course “Intelligence Successes and Failures”
– Initiator of “Friends of Analysis” online network
– Key translator of the scientific method
– National Intelligence Officer for Latin America
Dr. Joe Gordon, IAFIE President, will also discuss the highly successful 2014 Tenth Anniversary annual conference held at Mercyhurst University in Erie, PA, and preview the 2015 conference to be hosted at Marymount University in Arlington, VA.
Cost: $30.00 for Italian luncheon spread, served family style, including appetizers, house salad, two pastas, and entrée, plus iced tea, coffee, or soft drinks (alcoholic beverages and desserts not included; must be purchased individually); you must pay by check or cash—no credit cards, please!
RSVP to Chapter Chair, Dr. Bill Spracher, at William.Spracher@dodiis.mil or call (202) 231-8462, or Chapter Program Chair, Mr. Julian Meade, at Julian.Meade@dodiis.mil or call (202) 231-3339, no later than COB Monday, October 27.