Very thoughtful. A serious list.
1) Social Media 1.0 is dead.
2) The future of search and SEM also lies outside of Google.
3) Messaging apps become the new social media.
4) Asia and other foreign competitors will compete to gain share and push messaging forward.
5) Notification windows introduce a thin layer for rapid engagement.
6) Chinese innovation is going to disrupt the U.S. from the outside in and the inside out.
7) The Internet of Things is a hot and beautiful mess until it becomes the Internet of Everything.
8) Wearables will struggle to find their place in everyday life.
9) Virtual and augmented reality experiment with killer apps for consumer and vertical markets.
10) Focus on the kids! Generation Z is mobile first and mobile only and they’re nothing like Millennials.
11) Youtube, Vine, etc., represent “a” new Hollywood.
12) Cyber security becomes paramount to prevent the next #Sonygate.
13) Some companies are still greedy and believe the internet should not be open for the sake of profitability. This will impede innovation unless we fight back.
14) Music streaming will continue to undermine the music business and artistry. Artists will fight back.
15) Wall Street becomes influential again forcing brands to trump customer experience for revenue.
16) Crowd capitalization accelerates disruption…everywhere.
17) Bitcoin and other cyrptocurrencies lose value but teach us about how to think differently about money.
18) Mobile payments early today, but will soon skyrocket.
19) The Sharing Economy is really about renting or borrowing.
20) New enterprise drone management platforms change the game for logistics.
21) Cyber Warfare: Political battles will play out in the 5th dimension.
22) Your privacy is Gone: It was traded for perceived security and also better customer experiences.
23) Big data and beacons: Connect online, in-app, and in-store experiences.
24) Webrooming becomes more common than showrooming (69% to 46% respectively), according to Harris poll.
25) Mass personalization and full funnel marketing suites reset vendor landscape and change how brands “think” and work.