Since 2012 the community has:
- adopted Loomio as a central hub for consensus-based decision making – anyone is welcome to voice their opinions, ideas, and plans on how to take the project further;
- adopted a semantic versioning system for software releases;
- released several major software updates;
- developed numerous improvements in terms of designs;
- launched a new project site, diasporafoundation.org;
- launched a wiki at wiki.diasporafoundation.org;
- done a lot of work on packaging the installation of diaspora* for different operating systems.