‘Peak Oil' and the German Government
Military Study Warns of a Potentially Drastic Oil Crisis
The relationship with Russia, in particular, is of fundamental importance for German access to oil and gas, the study says. … Peak oil would also have profound consequences for Berlin's posture toward the Middle East, according to the study.
Oil will determine power:
Increasing importance of oil exporters:
Politics in place of the market:
Relapse into planned economy:
Global chain reaction:
Crisis of political legitimacy:
The study appears to be deep and honest. What does surprise us, however, are three things:
1. Der Spiegel does not make reference to all of the same studies done in the 1970's that were ignored by policymakers and politicians.
2. Der Spiegel and the study appear to confuse existing governments with legitimacy, rather than honest effective governance with legitimacy. If there is a revolution in any of these countries, it will be to throw the corrupt rascals out and re-set democracy. Revolutions are NOT expected in the Nordic countries or BENELUX.
3. No one seems to understand that the time has come for a global Manhattan Project to simultaneously address the ten high level threats to humanity by harmonizing spending and policies by all players across the twelve core policies and in consonance with a futures council led by the future powers: Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Russia, and Venezuela as well as Wild Cards such as Malaysia and Turkey.
- Complexity & Catastrophe (90)
- Complexity & Resilience (99)
- Water, Energy, Oil, Scarcity (69)
- Remixed Review Lists (70)