Congress tasked the Department of Defense with ten specific OSINT-related tasks that to the best of our knowledge have never been acknowledged nor completed by DoD.
Highlights of the missing ten tasks:
1) A plan for providing funds
2) A description of management now and as it could be improved
3) A description of tools, systems, centers, organizational entities amd procedures
4) A description of proven tradecraft including operational security
5) A description of OSINT fusion with other disciplines
6) A description of a training plan and guidance for DoD intelligence personnel
7) A plan to incorporate oversight of OSINT
8] A plan to incorporate the OSINT specialty int oall existing DoD personnel systems;
9) Aplan to utilize reserve personnel; and
10) A plan for the use of the Open Source Information System (OSIS).