Phi Beta Iota: STRONG ANGEL was the other major innovation besides CATALYST, Analysis 2000, and MCIA JNID. Below is Round II from STRONG ANGEL, with Round II from M4IS2 soon to be made public, built around SILOBREAKER (actually, Son of SILOBREAKER). We considered forcing visits to the Synergy Strike Force home page, but decided that the richness of the content there needed to be displayed here.
Welcome to the MESS-KIT wiki: Minimum Essential Software Services for Knowledge and Information Transfer
- Introduction to the MESS-KIT — The philosophy, design and construction of the MESS-KIT
- A History of the MESS-KIT — How it all got started, an insight into the philosophy and design
- Guide to using the MESS-KIT in the field — Hands-on instructions for use
- Best Practices — Tips and tricks on how to make the system work better
- Troubleshooting — What to do when you don't follow the Best Practices
- Demo — What I'm going to do for my demo this week
- Users — What skills are needed to use the MESS-KIT
The MESS-KIT system is composed of three basic components — the software package, the virtual environment and the hardware:
a. APPLICATION SOFTWARE PACKAGE: One or more Virtual Machine Instances that package together an operating system with a web server environment and all free-and-open-source/commercial-off-the-shelf software modules. Example: A VMware instance of an Ubuntu Linux installation with a full LAMP web server hosting environment and associated web software.
b. VIRTUAL MACHINE CLIENT SOFTWARE: One Virtual Machine Software Client to package, distribute, and host one or more Application Software Packages and abstract the application software from the host operating system. Examples: VMWare Fusion and Sun VirtualBox.
c. HARDWARE: Hardware on which the Virtual Machine Client Software and Application Software Package will run. The Hardware will include a host operating system. Examples: MacMini running OSX, ASUS eeePC Netbook running eeeBuntu Linux.
III. More information
Click below for a sustained analysis and explanation of the MESS-KIT system:
c. Architecture and Organizational Design
d. Technical and human performance
IV. Manuals and Documentation
Click below for step-by-step instructions for numerous MESS-KIT functions:
a. Installation Guide: A guide to setting up the tools necessary to operate a MESS-KIT.
b. Software Guide: A user guide to running various MESS-KIT software packages.
c. FAQ Page: Answers to common user questions.
d. Technical Documentation: Various technical documents relating to the project.
- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.