In this article, I will be dissecting Noam Chomsky’s book Media Control: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda, in an attempt to answer five questions:
- What is a democracy and how does it function?
- What is propaganda and why does it exist?
- How is our behaviour being shaped by the media?
- Who are controlling things behind the scenes?
- How can we defend ourselves against malicious propaganda campaigns?
Phi Beta Iota: There is a collision occurring — almost a slow-motion train wreck — between the 1% set in their old ways, and the 99% empowered by the Internet and seeing all the lies for what they are: lies.