- Over 370,000 people have died due to direct war violence, and at least 800,000 more indirectly
- 200,000 civilians have been killed as a result of the fighting at the hands of all parties to the conflict
- 10.1 million — the number of war refugees and displaced persons
- The US federal price tag for the post-9/11 wars is about $5.6 trillion dollars
- The US military is conducting counterterror activities in 76 countries
- The wars have been accompanied by violations of human rights and civil liberties, in the US and abroad
Phi Beta Iota: The US investment in war, and the US lack of a grand strategy, combine to make the USA the primary source of all ten high-level threats to humanity.
Steele, Robert. “10 High-Level Threats to Humanity,” Huffington Post, October 27, 2010.