I've been driving the 1964 MGB (my last remaining possession, it needs $5,000 of underbody work to survive the winter) around New England and am in New York now. I've been following the US Day of Rage plans (they were also announced here) but have been surprised to find a number of normally intelligent middle-class men I have met along the way to be timid about the US Day of Rage movement. They cannot get past the name and of course never get to the part about non-violent demands for electoral reform and integrity.
So here is my short brief on US Day of Rage, perhaps it can help get past these perceptual barriers. I do recommend that US Day of Rage create an alternative web site, American for Electoral Integrity–kind of like the Silicon Valley Hackers Conference also calls itself the THINK Conference for the green eyeshade types without a clue. I'll be attending this year, 4-6 November in San Francisco area.
Subject: US Day of Rage for the USA—Who, Why, What, When, Where, How
Date: 17 September 2011
IMPORTANCE: Understanding the US Day of Rage is vital to understanding the deeper mood of the public.
1. Who. US Day of Rage is an informal, social network based movement that started as a protest against Wall Street with a planned occupation today, and rapidly morphed into a cross-country network of mini-demonstrations. The “US Day of Rage” is being supported by internet groups who oppose corruption in the government such as Adbusters, Culture Jammers, and Anonymous. The original call to occupy Wall Street was put out by Adbusters, and the US Day of Rage and NYC General Assembly have since joined.
2. Why. Their capital demand is fair and free elections to overcome the special interest takeover of Congress and the Executive. Please note that there is real convergence and resonance between the Day of Rage network and the Tea Party/Sarah Palin remonstrations against “crony capitalism.”
QUOTE: Free and fair elections produce the kind of stewardship our nation desperately needs, because they ensure that citizens can influence their destiny, and make genuine contributions to society.
QUOTE: For these reasons, we come together now to organize state and national non-violent protests and assemblies of people to demand that integrity be restored to our elections.
3. What. These are lawful demonstrations, with the motto of “One citizen, one dollar, one vote.” The US Day of Rage is neither a day nor a rage, it is an emergent movement focused on reclaiming democracy.
4. When. 17 September (today) is the primary day, with a number of cities preferring to schedule for 6 October.
5. Where. Sixteen cities—Albany; Alpine Annapolis Atlanta Augusta Baton Rouge Bismarck Boise Boston Carson City Charleston Columbia Columbus Concord Dallas Des Moines Dover Frankfort Grey Eagle Hagåtña Harrisburg Hartford Helena Hemet Honolulu Houston Indianapolis Jackson Jefferson City Juneau Lansing Las Vegas Lexington Lincoln Little Rock· Madison Mexico City Montpelier Nashville New York Oklahoma City Olympia Phoenix Pierre Providence Raleigh Reno Richmond Sacramento Salem Salt Lake City San FranciscoSanta Fe Springfield St Paul Steilacoom Tallahassee TampaTopeka Trenton Vero Beach Washington
6. How. The initial organizers have created a MeetUp channel for others to self-organize, and serve as facilitators is anyone has questions. They have created a Facebook page with over 5,000 likes and probably closer to 50,000 views (or many more). Roughly 1,000 occupied Wall Street, a smaller number than hoped for. The official web site is tallying Twitters, news reports, and other updates.
CONTEXT: Most of the preconditions of revolution exist in the USA. The public at large, at all levels from upper middle class to the working poor, is beginning to understand the depth of the betrayal of the public interest this past quarter-century, and for the first time in history, the combination of foreign Days of Rage including a burning fruit seller in Tunesia (fast forward to the burning veteran in New Hampshire), and broadly accessible Internet news and social sharing services, are bringing the public out of its slumber. The Tea Party is largely a creation of the Koch Brothers and a few Republicans. The Tea Party's most noted national figures include Republican politicians such as Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, Dick Armey, Eric Cantor, and Michele Bachmann, with Paul described by some as the “intellectual godfather” of the movement—this is probably propaganda and one doubts that Ron Paul would be comfortable with the full association.
OBSERVATION: These are complicated times. The US Day of Rage movement is one that can and should be embraced as emblematic of how strongly the public feels about the need for Electoral Reform and the restoration of integrity to the Republic.
ADDED 10 October 2011:
#ElectoralReform Statement of Demand
2011 Electoral Reform Act of 2012 2.2 (Full Text Online for Google Translate)
#OccupyWallStreet Rolling Update + US Revolution RECAP
2012 Manifesto for Truth: Expanding the Open Source Revolution (Evolver Editions, July 2012)
2010 INTELLIGENCE FOR EARTH: Clarity, Diversity, Integrity, & Sustainability
2008 COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE: Creating a Prosperous World at Peace
2008 ELECTION 2008: Lipstick on the Pig
America’s Core Values: We the People vs. Them Crooks
Call to Arms: Fund We Not Them
De-Programming the “American Hologram”
George Soros Nails It: Intelligence with Integrity
Graphic: Preconditions of Revolution in the USA Today
John Robb: 147 Banks & Corporations as Global Financial Cancer, Gray Markets Fairs, Urban Foraging
Journal: Demopublicans–NO DIFFERENCE
Journal: Race, Class, Money & Truth
Journal: Reflections on Integrity
Journal: Third Party Desired by 58% in America + ReCap
Koko: Politics Needs Citizen Juries for Integrity
Lack of Integrity = Being on Wrong Side of History
Legitimate Grievances (US Internal)
Legitimate Grievances (Anti-US Global)
Marginalization Not Al Quada the Real Atrocity
Michael Moore on the Class War & Looting of America
My Talk With Tom Atlee: Primer on Citizen Intelligence
Obama’s Failure of Intelligence & Integrity
Onset of Death for the Two-Party Tyranny….
Reference: Electoral Reform–1 Page 9 Points 2.2
Reference: Electoral Reform Act & Third Party Politics
Reference: US Secret Intelligence, US Banks, Illicit Gold, Murder of the Global Economy, RECAP
Reflections on Tyranny versus Crowd Power
Review: Arsonist – The Most Dangerous Man in America
Review: Breach of Trust–How Washington Turns Outsiders Into Insiders (Hardcover)
Review: Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle
Review: Gag Rule–On the Suppression of Dissent and Stifling of Democracy
Review: Grand Illusion–The Myth of Voter Choice in a Two-Party Tyranny
Review: Griftopia–Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That Is Breaking America
Review: National Suicide: How Washington Is Destroying the American Dream from A to Z
Review: Peaceful Positive Revolution–Economic Security for Every American
Review: Running on Empty–How the Democratic and Republican Parties Are Bankrupting Our Future and What Americans Can Do About It (Paperback)
Review: Soft Despotism, Democracy’s Drift: Montesquieu, Rousseau, Tocqueville, and the Modern Prospect
Review: The Deepening Darkness–Patriarchy, Resistance, and Democracy’s Future
Review: The End of America–Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot
Review: The People’s Business–Controlling Corporations and Restoring Democracy The People’s Business: Controlling Corporations and Restoring Democracy
Review: TYRANNICIDE The Story of the Second American Revolution
Review: VOICE OF THE PEOPLE–The Transpartisan Imperative in American Life
Review: We the Purple–Faith, Politics, and the Independent Voter
Sandy Heierbacher: Deliberative Policy Engagement – Nine Principles
Search: smart nation intelligence reform electoral reform national security reform
Seth Godin: Paradigm Shift toward Cooperation
Tom Atlee: Gross National Happiness & Sacred Economics
Tom Atlee: Seeking Leverage for Deep Transformation
Veteran Administration Lies & Active Deceit–Covering Up Uranium Exposure, Suicides, Psychosis
What Presidents Don’t Know About Education Plus RECAP of 6 Star Plus Books Relevant to Creating a Smart Nation with a Strategic Narrative that WORKS
Worth a Look: Book Review Lists (Positive)
Worth a Look: Book Review Lists (Negative)