Del Spurlock: Army Recruits Arrive Knowing Less

Delbert J. Spurlock Jr.

Delbert J. Spurlock Jr.

Susanne M. Schafer of Associated Press offers a useful perspective on how Army recruits are changing and how the Army is changing to accommodate lower levels of knowledge about what used to be “basic.”

Fewer orders, more coaching: Army rookies learn to fire guns

As gun ownership drops among young Americans and the Army trains a generation more accustomed to blasting out emojis on cellphones than taking aim at targets, drill sergeants are confronting a new challenge: More than half of raw recruits have never held, let alone fired, a weapon.

Phi Beta Iota: Apart from only 1% of youth being eligible for the Army because the other 99% suffer from a broad range of disqualifying conditions including obesity, now we are realizing that new Army recruits simply don’t know what past generations knew. A fresh look is needed at the relationship between the Army, education, and society. There may be roles for the Boy Scouts of America and the National Rifle Association — we have lost our foundation for a strong Army.

Comments Off on Del Spurlock: Army Recruits Arrive Knowing Less
Sep 16

YouTube (12:53) Citizen Soldiers: Let Them Serve

Citizen Soldiers: Let Them Serve examines the plight of service members who served in the Middle East who are struggling to find meaningful jobs and what they can offer our small cities, towns and villages.

Comments Off on YouTube (12:53) Citizen Soldiers: Let Them Serve
Sep 14

9/11 @ Phi Beta Iota

9/11 Time to Indict Dick Cheney

9/11 by Dick Cheney

Phi Beta Iota: It is not possible to be a fully effective professional if you are not able to question official narratives and blatant lies told by official personalities. It is now known that Dick Cheney “took over” the 9/11 plot hatched by the Zionist government of Israel (not to be confused with the sane loyal Jews everywhere including Israel).

It is now known that in the aftermath of 9/11 the US Constitution was trashed and 935 now-documented lies were told to justify elective wars and a swath of destruction running from Afghanistan through the Middle East and North Africa down to Somalia, Niger, and Nigeria, while at the same time extending the military-industrial complex to create a police state that is no longer focused on community needs or peace but rather on mass surveillance, and spending as much money as possible to no good end.

Additional commentary and a structured index of 9/11 coverage by multiple contributing editors are provided below the fold. Here are the categories for the many links below:

  • Top-Level Overviews
  • 9/11 An Inside Job?
  • 9/11 and Gold War Against Russia + Insider Trading
  • 9/11 and Zionist Israel (Absolving All Jews)
  • Saudis Did Not Do 9/11 (and the Last Bin Laden Was a Fake)
  • 9/11 Truth Movement / 9/11 as Wake-Up Call for Public?
  • 9/11 Repression of Truth Movement — Denial, Fear, Lies & Murder
  • Aftermath of 9/11 – Endless War & True Cost
  • Aftermath of 9/11 – False Flags as Routine

Read the rest of this entry »

Comments Off on 9/11 @ Phi Beta Iota
Sep 10